This inexpensive camera drone includes automatic position hold along with optical follow me feature. Find it here https://goo.gl/uR5FMU
– It’s relatively inexpensive.
– 2.4 Ghz FPV that should work with most phones.
– 3.7V 1600mah battery provided me over 15 minutes of flight time.
– Optical flow sensor that provides automatic hovering of the drone without pilot input.
– FPV video and recording to your phone is accomplished via the Hfun ZL.toys app available on Google Play here https://goo.gl/FwHjnw and iTunes here https://goo.gl/5frAJR
– Camera is pointed downward approximately 30 degrees to avoid viewing the propellers. However, this makes flying FPV and viewing the horizon difficult if not impossible.
– No SD card capability. Records via WiFi with inherent WiFi lag and frame dropping.
– I flew the 1080p version. However video is recorded in 720p only. 1080p refers to the still images which are 1920x1080p resolution. The images also appear to be interpolated screen grabs from the 720p video.
– Requires gyro calibration before each flight.
– Battery is very loose and easily pops out.
– The optical flow sensor would easily be overpowered and allow the drone to drift in the slightest wind. The drone also had difficulty in forward flight in the wind. As such, this drone may be best flown indoors, or outdoors on windless days.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.